Thursday, July 5, 2007

I miss you the most during hurricane season, when our toes would meet under blankets and our lips met above the thundering skies, because those were the first and best memories we had in this tumultuous weather, stopping and pausing.
Then theres every bruise I receieve that reminds me of hickeys, and even every hickey now makes me laugh. I've grown out of you all of a sudden, I guess I always had because I was constantly going and coming and you never knew where i would be next week.but this is a story, and not a love songs- my love songs are reserved for things that are yet to come to pass or places that will always exist.
Theres been a few eclipses since, mostly when I'm listening to cheesy love songs, and I finally understand. I still love you and how could I not when we broke up it wasn't bad- well in a manner of speaking, but we had to stop speaking in order to reclaim our independance and to learn to dance seperatly.
I would see your eyes watching me though, and I would seek them out when I was dancing in someone else's arms and it hurt that you didnt get up to fight for what you loved. You quit, just like you quit everything hard in your life.
Last summer, I fell in love and left for france immidietly after. I quit while I was ahead but we layed together and you said that you would wait. I felt like the bryan adams song, summer of '69, that you would wait forever.
tonight its hurricane season and I am alone and who knows where on earth your toes are treading, but no track inside my soft mondrian painting inspired sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment