Wednesday, September 17, 2008

soon there will be no more infinite bus rooms where I doze and my chins drop and dribble down and I smash my head on every curve and bump. There will be a lot of things that I miss about Halifax, but it seems silly to say they will be small like reading the psst's in the coast, and wandering into the bookmark. I will miss the smell of the ocean and just the smells that make up the city.
I find myself missing LAST fall, which in retrospect I am always missing time and maybe not places. Fall in Halifax is always this sort of completely sensible pleasure, with scarves and mitts and red cheeks. Its the most perfect time, but alas, I will experience it plenty again. Last fall just felt so sensible and easy and like I was just happy and things were in place, with my busy schedule and bed time sleepovers.
We shouldnt dwell too much on the past because it doesn't open any doors to the future and I look forward to weekends in paris and weekends in Slovakia, and weekends in Istanbul perhaps. I plan on doing a lot of reading, perhaps purchasing a bicycle, taking a lot of pictures and trying to smile as much as I can at everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment