Monday, March 2, 2009

I can't get over my infinite fears of being a failure as a writer. I dont truly understand the correct definition of a writer, but my journals are boundless territories of thought and terrifying emotion I would never willingly chose to inflict upon the poor citizens of the world. 
However, I have once again failed to write something I began. My folders of this dear laptop are filled with many starts, many bad starts I begin to hate after reading them a second time. My ultimate second inclination is to say that I am a poet-however does being published count? Does a fear of reading this poetry to anyone make me less of a poet? Many men go through the same wasted brainless thought of wondering "am I a Man?" and I waste more time and energy on similar questions.
I feel like everything within the spoken word is a great eternal quest for me. I have not yet found a character who I love, I have no names of locations. it seems simple enough, to write a story-I feel adequately prepared in my life experiences to share my vast knowledge of moving to random countries for no reason. yet research aside, I dont feel at all prepared. And perhaps this is ultimately what is stopping me from moving forward in a literary sense..
I feel better after sharing that. I would like to word for Penguin books because I appreciate the simplistic aestheticism that goes into their books-whether it be covers or choosing the fonts or the paper. It's just all very nicely selected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment